Saudi Gazette report
Makkah — Some 1,633 Qatari pilgrims have performed Umrah since June 4, the Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques announced on Monday.
It said that the directives of the Kingdom’s leadership emphasize providing services and facilities to Umrah pilgrims from all countries including brothers from Qatar.
It refuted social media rumors that Qatari pilgrims were stopped from entering the Grand Holy Mosque.
“The Kingdom confirms its commitment and keenness to provide all facilities and services to Qatari Haj and Umrah pilgrims,” an official source said earlier this month.
Pilgrims also denied allegations that some Umrah pilgrims were being barred from entering the Grand Mosque based on their nationalities.
Brig. Gen. Dr. Muhammad Al-Minshawi (retired), former director of the Criminal Investigations Department in Makkah, said, “Saudi Arabia is proud to serve visitors and pilgrims of all categories and nationalities as per the administrative regulations. It deals equally with all pilgrims without any discrimination. All worshipers are equal whatever their nationality.”
Saudi Arabia also announced a hotline to help families with Qatari members.
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman issued a directive to take into consideration the humanitarian situation of Saudi-Qatari mixed families in appreciation of the brotherly people of Qatar, an official source was quoted as saying by Saudi Press Agency (SPA).